YOU’VE SEEN THEM debate on TV. You’ve heard them trade barbs on radio, and you’ve read about them online and in the papers. But really, how well do you know your favorite candidates? Are you monitoring their activities religiously? How updated are you with the goings-on in our country? Take this short quiz to find out.
1) At a forum held last January 9, 2010 at De La Salle-Zobel School in Alabang, Muntinlupa City, Liberal Party standard-bearer Noynoy Aquino was asked to comment on his declining lead over Sen. Manny Villar based on the latest Social Weather Stations survey. What did Noynoy say?
A: “Bigyan n’yo po muna ako ng pagkakataong makapag-retreat ng tatlong araw upang makunsulta ko na rin ang Pink Sisters hinggil sa bagay na ‘yan. Maraming salamat po sa inyong pang-unawa.”
B: “Ah, may survey na matino, may survey na nabibili siguro sa Quiapo.”
C: “Sandali. May prepared statement ako tungkol d‘yan.”
2) Complete this line from Sen. Manny Villar’s TV ad: “Nakaligo ka na ba sa _____ __ ______?
A: “… dagat ng pera”
B: “… double budget na kalsada”
C: “… dagat ng basura”
3) What was the title of the Rico Blanco-penned composition allegedly used without permission by Gilbert Teodoro in his political advertisement?
B: Sorry Na, Pwede Ba
C: Nakaw na Sandali
4) “It is not Facebook that matters here; it is not your face that matters. It is the book of accounts.” Who said this line to whom?
A: Sen. Loren Legarda to Vicki Belo and Ellen Lising
B: Sen. Richard Gordon to Sen. Noynoy Aquino
C: Sen. Manny Villar to his wife Cynthia
5) When Sen. Francis Escudero quit the Nationalist People’s Coalition, he said, “Sinuman pong nagpaplanong tumakbo bilang pangulo ng bansa, wala dapat partidong kinabibilangan. Ang partido lamang dapat niya ay _____________.”
A: “Partido Komunista ng Pilipinas”
B: “Partidong handang maglaan ng malaking pondo para sa kampanya.”
6) According to defense lawyer Sigfrid Fortun, Maguindanao massacre principal suspect Andal Ampatuan Jr could speak neither English nor Filipino. Fortun insisted that Andal was conversant only in what language?
A: A mix of Yiddish and Basque
C: F*ck Fortun! F*ck both of them! Liars!
7) Manny Villar : Gilbert Remulla | | Joseph Estrada : Margaux Salcedo | |
Noynoy Aquino : _____________?
A: Edwin Lacierda
B: Conrado De Quiros
C: SNN & The Buzz
8: Identify the three members of the Commission on Elections Second Division who junked the application for accreditation of the party-list group “Ang Ladlad” for allegedly “tolerating immorality.”
A: Larry, Curly, and Moe
B: Nicodemo Ferrer, Lucenito Tagle and Ellias Yusoph
C: Judas, Barrabas, and Hestas
9) In defending the poll body’s rejection of Ang Ladlad’s application for party-list accreditation, Comelec 2nd Division chairman Nicodemo Ferrer once said…
A: “They’re just not my type!”
B: “Gays are overly represented in Congress.”
C: “God knows Hudas not straight.”
11) “Madami pa siyang makikilalang iba na single ‘di ba? Bakit kailangan pang sa may asawa?” Who said this line to whom?
A: Loi Estrada to Guia Gomez
B: Jinkee Pacquiao to Krista Ranillo
C: Angela Montenegro-Arroyo to Rufa Mae Quinto
12) What moniker was coined by Gilbert Remulla to describe presidential candidate Jamby Madrigal whom he accused of originating “unsubstantiated allegations” and “false claims” against her adversaries?
A: “Kuryente Queen”
B: “King of Hurts”
C: “Jack of All Tirades”
[Answers are found at the end of the blog post.]
A: “Kung wala lang ‘yang security aide mo, inupakan na kita.”
B: “Akalain mo ‘yun?! Inabot ka ng nine years samantalang ako, ‘di man lang nakatatlo.”
C: “Sige, ngiti ka lang. Tingnan ko lang kung makangiti ka pa ‘pag nanalo si Noynoy.”
D: “Shabi ko na nga ba eh! After nine yearsshh, after nine long yearss, bitter ka pa rin.”
E: “O, may newsh crew. ‘Wag sishimangot unlessh gushto mong pag-ushapan tayo.”
“Rivalry adds so much to the charms of one’s conquests.”
~Louisa May Alcott
If Joseph Estrada decides to quit the race, who would benefit the most?
NOYNOY AQUINO 41%
GILBERT TEODORO 12%
MANNY VILLAR 48%
We have a new survey. Please vote now.
– Here’s a fearless forecast: Karen Davila will eventually transfer to ABC5 now that her husband, DJ Sta. Ana has joined the News and Public Affairs department of Mediaquest Holdings’ newest acquisition.
– Loyal viewers of TV5’s T.E.N. (The Evening News) hosted by the amiable trio of veteran journalists Jove Francisco, Martin Andanar and Cherry Mercado have appealed to Mediaquest Holding’s supreme god Manny V. Pangilinan NOT to cancel the news program.
– Here’s the list of the World’s Best and Worst Jobs 2010
Answers to Quiz
1B 2C 3A 4B 5C 6B 7A 8B 9B 10A 11B 12A